Monday, April 26, 2010

Rena1ssance of DTF RADIO x POISELIFE interview

For those that arent familiar with RENA1SSANCE please introduce yourself.
well... Rena1ssance is the name, BK is the boro, NY is the birthplace, and musical composition/writing are the prevalent forms of expression. I'm currently entering my 6th year as a pro, & have worked with quite a few artists, some local, some international, some legendary, & some on the verge of becoming Icons, but I'm not really one to do too much name dropping.. name dropping is kinda "gay" to me, actually... ;)

How would you describe your sound?
I feel like my music shares the same DNA of an epic movie score. In the same way that a film score paints a scene with the ebb & flow of emotions, grandeur, excitement, & even terror, my tracks provide the backdrop to the recording artist's audio movie, if that makes sense...

Who are some of your musical influences?
Anything "beautifully broken". Beethoven's 9th (which he composed while totally deaf) / The paintings of Jean Michel Basquiat (who was also a rapper/musician) /The absolutely impeccable tone and delivery of The Notorious B.I.G. /the architectural designs of Mario Botta, Jean Nouvel, & Renzo Piano/ Robert Plant's vocals/ Billy Corgan's "strat" riffs/ Zachary Francis Condon's vision/ & the gritty streets of Brooklyn stand out. music is the pulse of everything...

What's your take on the game (Hip-Hop) right now,as far as artist and producers are concerned?
I feel like the game is more fun right now, actually. Yes, its stale in some regards, but overall, I get a strong sense that I'm at the vanguard of an incredible creative wave that's shaping modern music, while breaking down the bullshit formulas that were put into place by balding millionaires whose only REAL concerns are money & mistresses.. All of that said, I have to admit, that its sometimes a bit embarrassing to be associated with a "title" that no longer carries the same mystique as what it used to... (death to the fruity loopers! - no shots @ Mr Encore.. lmao)

You also host a show on DTF radio, Midi Monsters...tell us a little about that.
Hilarious transition from my last response to this, huh? but w/e. lol oookay, so MIDI MONSTERS exists to educate, prepare, and empower young musicians & audio creative enthusiasts. I'm very happy to announce that we are coming up on our 1st anniversary, & we've had the pleasure of playing host to some truly legendary guests. LIke I said, no name dropping by me, but you can google us for more on that.. Currently we're trying to nail down some sponsorships, which will in turn allow us to take things to even greater levels as we enter into our 2nd year..

What are your goals for this year?
My goal is singular.. I have intentions to be one of the most coveted on earth at my field by the end of this year. My name rings bells already, but admittedly, I have a VERY long way to go. I'm real with myself & therefore realize that this goal is very lofty considering that we are coming up on the halfway point of the year in a few months, but as they say: "to whom much is given, much is required" & so I reach...

How can you be contacted?
for serious business inquiries, use the contact page of my website at http://www.rena1ssance.com/
Blog: www.renouveaucity.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @IamRena1ssance

2 comments:

  1. Big shout out to Reny and the Midi Monsters. Thats AE extended fam right there! Even though yall cant roast for shit you got a DOPE ass radio show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this nigga jackpot aka "Potterybarn P" knows FULL well that we roasted his whole squad during that "Roast" & I use quotation marks because it was more of a massacre than a roast... lmao..

    ReplyDelete