Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mista Encore_Run Away

This post is in recognition for true  #passion and #grind of dedicated artist,as such...I decided to re-post this in example of soulful hustle..sincerely, because after reading  this it gave new meaning to the the song,on a personal level... you can listen to it a thousand times and think you understand the meaning and feeling of whats being projected...yet, you're completely mis-guided.... but when the artist explains the origins of creation, from the the inspiration, vision,and nostalgia...you become more connected...weather its through relation or just a common understanding....I remember  shallowly linking the "yea yea yeas" to a M.T.T.M  look book promo they put out staring Faye, it was dope don't get me wrong but what was more inspiring to me was how someone gets a taste of sound and chefs it into a full course meal. Enjoy!




"Mista Encore – Run Away (the story behind the song)


The story behind this song:
I never really listened to Indie Rock or Alternative music until the beginning of last year (2010). It’s not that I didn’t like it, I just never really understood how to listen to it. The first time I heard the Yea Yea Yeas music it hit me, I was like “Oh I get it now”. When most producers look for samples they might listen for certain instruments, voices, or breakdowns in the record. For me its different I look for music that has a certain mood to it, its sounds weird but I look for songs that have specific emotions attached to them.
If you listen to the Yea Yea Yeas – Runaway song from start to finish it has a melancholy very dark and sad theme to it.  As soon as I heard the hook I knew I could flip it and make into something dope. After I made the beat I sat around and tried to figured out what I would talk about. I didn’t want to make a song about love or partying because it wouldn’t match the vibe I was hearing. I needed something darker than that, so I wrote this on paper with the lights off, I usually write my verses on my blackberry notepad but for some reason I felt I needed to really physically write out each verse. The crazy thing is it was raining the day I was working on this track, and the beat and original song was so depressing the vibe matched perfectly with each other.
At the time I recorded this I was working on a project called “Probable Cause” this album never was released. I was about 8 or 9 songs deep but decided to scrap all the songs and start over. At the time I felt these songs were too personal not for the public something I could just listen to on my Ipod. To this date this song is one of my favorites because of the topics I chose to rap about. Rape, Drug Addiction, Suicide, Peer-Pressure, I was rapping about real shit not just anything.  Most rappers out now couldn’t touch these subjects with a 10 foot pole and a crutch taped to the end, they lack purpose. In all 3 verses I address 3 different situations all of them I’m sure have happened somewhere in the world.
I have so much music I want to share with you all, so instead of letting these joints collect dust I’ll put them up here on the blog. Check back everyday for un-released Mista Encore Music. And by the way this wont be on the new album Victory is Mine.
#PEACE"


Mista Encore - Run Away by MistaEncoreVLM

 (Via Victory League Music)

No comments:

Post a Comment